top of page
iStock-1488229859_edited_edited (1).jpg

Join the TPC team

41 years & a million sessions

Open positions: therapist & intern

We are always hiring! We need more excellent therapists and interns on our team the serve the local Christian communities of Orange County and Los Angeles County. We proudly offer a great work environment, friendly co-workers and staffers, Christ-centered mentorship and the inspiring daily opportunity to heal hearts for the Lord.

Click to learn about the requirements and benefits of working for TPC as a therapist.

Click to learn about the requirements and benefits of being a TPC intern.

Click to learn how to apply to be a TPC therapist or intern.


We are seeking Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapists to join our team. Our practice includes therapists who specialize in relationship issues, as well as those who focus on individual challenges. Generally, approximately 75% of our intakes involve relationship-related concerns, while the remaining 25% pertain to personal issues.

Education & Qualifications

General qualifications for the position:

  • Education: Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Counseling, or a related field from an accredited institution.

  • Certification/License: Valid state licensure as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Professional Counselor. TPC does not hire student trainees. See below for all accepted certifiations.

  • Commitment to Faith: Must share our commitment to integrating Christian faith into practice and uphold the values and ethics expected in a faith-based counseling environment. (See our About Us page and Statement of Faith.)

  • Continuous Education: Willingness to engage in ongoing education and training to remain current with the latest therapy techniques and Christian counseling methodologies.

Certification requirements

To apply, you must be certified as one of the following:

  • Licensed Psychologist - PhD or PsyD

  • Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - LMFT

  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker - LCSW

  • Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - LPCC

  • Associate Marriage and Family Therapist - AMFT

  • Associate Clinical Social Worker - ACSW

  • Associate Professional Clinical Counselor - APCC

  • Registered Psychological Associate - RGA

To apply as an associate, you must have completed your master’s degree and received your registration number from the BBS.

Required skills

Required skills for the position:

  • Strong Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build rapport with clients quickly and maintain a trusting relationship.

  • Excellent Communication: Proficient in articulating therapeutic concepts and feedback in a clear and compassionate manner.

  • Problem-Solving Abilities: Skilled at identifying issues, formulating plans, and implementing effective solutions in therapy sessions.

  • Empathy and Compassion: Demonstrates deep understanding and empathy for clients' experiences and challenges.

  • Knowledge of Christian Doctrine: Ability to integrate Christian teachings and principles into therapeutic practices effectively.


Key responsibilities of the position:

  • Client Therapy Sessions: Conduct individual, couples, and family therapy sessions that incorporate Christian values and teachings.

  • Assessment and Evaluation: Assess client needs and progress through interviews, observation, and psychological tests.

  • Treatment Planning: Develop and implement detailed treatment plans based on clinical experience and Christian ethics.

  • Client Follow-Up: Maintain regular follow-up with clients to adjust treatment plans as necessary.

  • Community Outreach: Engage in community outreach initiatives to promote the therapy practice and its Christian values.

Your work location

We may assign you to one of our existing locations or potentially partner with a local, God-fearing church to establish a new location tailored to your residential area and preferred community service.

Your work hours

The hours you see clients are highly flexible. We encourage you to offer times that best accommodate the needs of our clients. Many of our therapists pursue additional goals, such as earning a doctorate in psychology or teaching at local universities, and are able to schedule client sessions around their academic commitments. Continuing education and professional development training are mandatory for all therapists.

Benefits of working for TPC

At our practice, you will receive mentorship from two distinguished PhD therapists, Dr. Peter Robbins and Dr. Kevin Downing. Both are former Christian radio show hosts and respected pillars in their communities, offering a wealth of knowledge and guidance.

You will be part of one of the most reputable, longest-standing, and rapidly expanding Christian therapy centers in California, renowned for its extensive network of locations.

Further more, we take care of all this for you:

  • Billing

  • Marketing

  • Scheduling

  • Office space rental

While your cooperation and participation are essential in these areas, our primary mission is to support you in focusing on what you do best: healing hearts and relationships. We strive to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance where you can truly enjoy the rewards of your dedication.


We are seeking college students interested in earning academic credit, gaining valuable resume experience, developing professional skills, or potentially joining Turning Point Counseling after graduation. 

Internship activities

We offer opportunities to assist with the following areas:

  1. Client Intake and Assessment: Interns can assist with the initial intake process, gathering client information and helping to conduct preliminary assessments under supervision. This helps them learn the ropes of client interaction and case documentation.

  2. Administrative Support: Interns can help with administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, managing client records, answering phones, and other office duties. This provides them with a behind-the-scenes look at the operational aspects of running a therapy practice.

  3. Community Outreach and Education: Interns can participate in or even help coordinate outreach programs and workshops that the practice offers to the community. This could involve preparing presentations, distributing informational materials, or engaging with the community at events.

  4. Social Media and Marketing: Interns with a knack for digital communication can assist with the practice's online presence, including managing social media accounts, creating content for our website, and developing marketing materials that align with the Christian values of the practice.

  5. Therapeutic Materials Preparation: Interns can help prepare materials needed for therapy sessions, such as informational handouts, worksheets, or activity guides. This provides them with insight into the resources used in various therapeutic interventions.

As an intern, you will be paired with a therapist or staff member who will train, manage and mentor you. Please be aware, everything you do will be organized to strictly adhere to HIPAA, federal, state and local regulations. 


  1. Educational Background: Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field.

  2. Academic Credit: Eligibility to receive college credit for internship experience (where applicable).

  3. Technical Skills: Basic proficiency with office software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Suite) and ability to manage digital content.


  1. Client Intake and Assessment:

    • Assist with gathering initial client information.

    • Help conduct preliminary assessments under supervision.

  2. Administrative Support:

    • Manage scheduling appointments and client records.

    • Handle phone calls and general office duties.

  3. Community Outreach and Education:

    • Participate in the coordination and execution of community outreach programs.

    • Prepare and distribute educational materials.

  4. Social Media and Marketing:

    • Assist in managing the practice’s social media accounts.

    • Help create and publish content relevant to the practice’s services.

  5. Therapeutic Materials Preparation:

    • Prepare informational handouts and therapy session materials.

    • Organize resources needed for therapy sessions.

  6. Follow-up and Client Retention Activities:

    • Conduct satisfaction surveys and manage feedback collection.

    • Engage in follow-up communications to enhance client retention.

Skills required

  1. Strong Organizational Skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.

  2. Effective Communication: Proficient in both verbal and written communication to interact with clients, staff, and the community.

  3. Attention to Detail: Keen observation skills to accurately handle administrative tasks and client data.

  4. Digital Literacy: Competence with social media management, content creation, and basic digital marketing strategies.

  5. Adaptability: Ability to adapt to different roles and environments, learning and applying new skills quickly.

  6. Empathy and Discretion: Understanding and respect for the sensitive nature of the therapeutic environment and client confidentiality.

How to apply

A picture of 11 therapists and managers in their main Fullerton office in front of a green wall.

Forward your resume and a photo of yourself to: We will respond with a survey that will help us determine if we are a good fit for each other. Email your answers to us, and we will get back to you shortly. Thank you for applying!

bottom of page