Have you ever asked yourself if God truly listens to your prayers or if He’s interested in your day-to-day problems? I know I’ve struggled with these questions in my walk with the Lord to the point of being distracted from trusting God. The trials I’ve encountered have helped me realize that God wants the best for me. Have I always seen it? Unfortunately, the answer is no.
The problem is that sometimes we think God sees us the way we see ourselves: we either think too little or too much of ourselves. It’s a distorted and unrealistic way. Because he is your creator, God sees you differently. Therefore, He knows everything about you. He knows every part of you. He sees the real you – the good, the bad and the ugly. There is nothing we can hide from Him. Hebrews 4:13, “Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”
I find this truth comforting, don’t you? I don’t have to pretend to be something I’m not. I can just rest in His presence and allow Him to change those yucky things inside and replace them with His goodness. God says the following to you:
I see your pain… When you hurt, I tend to your wounds.
- Psalm 147:3 – He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Isaiah 40:29-31 – He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 26:3-4 – You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 – The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
- 2 Samuel 22:29 – You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.
Rest in His Word: Mark 9:23
“Everything is possible for one who believes.” (NIV)
• What have I been trying to hide from God?
• What behaviors have been serving as barriers in me trusting God or believing what He says about me?
• Who’s lies have I been believing? Mine, family, others…
• What are the areas I struggle and what promise (find a verse in your Bible) can I begin memorizing?
Click here for similar topics:
- Never Alone
- Necessary Pruning
- Let it Roll
- When Life Doesn’t Go as Expected
Edith has a passion to assist individuals in creating a balance between their thoughts and emotions. She combines cognitive behavioral therapy, which assists individuals in identifying behaviors, as well as thoughts that are interfering with their quality of life. In addition, she uses experiential therapy, which assists in the expression of emotional experience. She uses the Bible as the foundational road map to guide individuals in achieving their God given potential. Edith believes that God is the ultimate source that helps individuals grow and heal, but sometimes a little help is needed to begin the process.
The material contained in this newsletter has been prepared by an independent third-party provider. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment, financial, real estate and/or mortgage advice. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee it is not without errors.
Turning Point Counseling
1370 N. Brea Blvd. w Fullerton w CA w 92835
800-998-6329 - TurningPointCounseling.org